Major New Trends in Social MediaPosted on May 24, 2011
Major New Trends in Social Media
n a newly released article called “5 Trends that could take down Facebook”, author David Knox points out some obvious trends that we at Clubster have been preaching for a year now.
We believe two of these trends are right on point…
1) Facebook’s size has forced users to head to vertical and interest based networks to meet specific needs.
2) The notion of trust and privacy is going to continue to grow as a theme that consumers are deeply concerned about in the coming years.
“Creation of vertical, interest based networks – The very thing that led to Facebook’s growth (a standardized and unified experience) could also prove to be a kink in its armor. Facebook’s market share of time spent on web is driven by the utility it provides to consumers as a social network. This broad social network will continue to have its place, but people are increasingly being drawn to vertical and interest based networks to meet specific needs.”
‘Notions of trust and privacy – The issues Facebook has faced with privacy have been well documented, ranging from the launch of Beacon to debates around privacy settings on the site. This has continued with their latest product launches, as some have remarked that a major barrier to Facebook Places is the fact it broadcasts to an extended Facebook social network versus the more curated personal networks of a service like Foursquare. This notion of trust and privacy is going to continue to grow as a theme that consumers are deeply concerned about in the coming years.”
We are designing and developing Clubster to meet these needs.
Private clubs worldwide have been contacting us saying Facebook is not for them. And they currently do not have an alternative. But they will soon!!
Check out the entire article, it’s worth the time:Social Media and Private Clubs, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
- View our Clubster 2015 Media Kit
- Clubster received Excellence in Achievement Award by Boardroom Magazine!
- Clubster and ForeTees Announce Strategic Alliance
- Clubster – Seven Steps to Success for Club Communications
- Clubster Releases Full-Featured Android App!
- Clubster releases cool member intro video…
- Empowering your members with Clubster…
- Clubster featured on Forbes.com
- Clubster named Product of the Year by BoardRoom Magazine!